Responsibilities of the Installer/ Manufacturer on a New Automatic Gate Installation
When commissioning a new gate installation, you are required to comply with the machinery directive standards. This applies to all of the below;
- You manufacture the gate and automation drive unit.
- You manufacture the gate but use automation from another manufacturer.
- You buy the gate and automation from other manufacturers, and commission as a product.
In the situations detailed below, the risk assessment carried out may identify reduced risks associated with the use of the gate. However even in these circumstances, the consumer, the owner, the installer & the service engineer’s safety when using the gate must be considered.
- The gate is only used by trained users and there is no intended, inadvertent or unauthorised access to it by members of the public (e.g. secure M.O.D facilities).
- The gate is operated only by trained users using a physical hold to run device (such as a key switch) when the trained user is in the direct vicinity of the gate.